Saturday, August 22, 2009

Moving a Piano...

Since Gma Dodo passed away, Greg and I have taken an inventory of our apartment and have decided to 'downsize'. We want it to be our apartment, not a storage place facility... The first thing to go was my grandma's baby grand piano.

I loved playing the piano for her (that was the only time I would sit down and play it) but I haven't played for 2 and half years. Sad to say but I felt I could only play for her. I asked (okay... told) my parents if they would take it. In a few years when Greg and I move, they'd have to take it anyways.

Well, in order to safely move the piano and other various heavy objects out of our apartment and up to my parents house, my father hired professional movers. They came and got started. First, they removed the foot pedals and the left front leg and tilted the piano onto it's side. Then removed the other legs and strapped the piano to what looked like a body board. They then shimmied the piano through the front door onto the porch. The next obstacle came when trying to turn onto the stairs...

What an ordeal! But our apartment is so much bigger now with more space to scrapbook :)

1 comment:

  1. Too bad I missed you moving the piano! That would have been freaking HILARIOUS to see! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete