Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Santa Fe Day 2

Well, this seems to be turning into a diary of our trip instead of a blog, but if I don't do it now I won't remember what happened. We spent the day in Santa Fe again, but this time slept in and went to brunch at El Tecoloco. It was one of the best places that we have eaten at during our whole trip. I highly recommend it to anyone that ever is in Santa Fe. They are only open until 2 p.m. so it is important to get there early. After brunch we went to the Scottish Rite Masonic Library and Museum. It is huge building based on el Alhambra in Spain. One of the Grand Masters gave us a tour. It is a very beautiful building and we learned quite a bit. I decided that if I ever became a Mason it would be more out of curiosity than a desire to learn anything else. Too bad I don't know any Masons that I could solicit to join. Contrary to popular opinion you have to initiate the contact, the members are not allowed to invite people to join. There are only 2 requirements: 1) Belief in a Supreme Being (not specified) and 2) the recommendation of 2 Masons that you have asked to speak for you. After that I went to the New Mexico State Archives while Ivy went shopping at the outlet malls. I actually got really frustrated as I tried to do work because the archives have had to cut their hours down to nearly nothing. You are allowed into the research area at noon, but they won't pull anything out for you until 1 o'clock. Then they won't pull anything after 4, so you really only have 3 to 3 1/2 hours to get everything done. So in order to continue my research I will have to e-mail them what I want and they will copy it and send it to me. The only problem is that it will end up costing more than I hoped it would. Oh well, I guess I need to make sacrifices in order to get my degree done.

No comments:

Post a Comment